100 E. Second St. • Madison, IN 47250
Information To Bring
Here is a checklist of items to bring to your appointment.
Some may not apply.
- Valid government issued photo identification.
- Prior year and amended tax returns federal and state
- Social security card for taxpayer/spouse and all dependents (or ITIN numbers). Copies of cards are acceptable
- Birth dates for all dependents
- Wages, salaries, etc. (Form W-2)
- Divorce/alimony documents
- Child custody/support documents
- Mortgage interest statement from mortgage lender
- Landlord's name & address and total rent paid during 2016 (for IN state return)
- Property tax bills
- Indiana vehicle registration
- Unemployment benefits
- Interest income
- IRA distributions or pension income
- Social Security benefits
- Gambling Winnings
- Documentation of higher education expenses (tuition, fees, books, etc.)
- Receipts for job-related expenses; union dues; safe deposit rental fee
- Child Tax Credit
- Earned Income Credit
- Healthcare coverage documents (employer, Marketplace/Exchanges, Medicare, etc.)
- Indiana statement of 2015 tax refund amount (if Indiana state taxes were deducted last year)
100 E. Second Street • Madison, IN 47250|
FREE Tax Preparation
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) gives low to moderate income residents of Jefferson County an opportunity to receive free tax information and assistance in preparing their federal and Indiana tax returns.
- For qualified residents of Jefferson County
- Annual income must be less than $54,000 to qualify
The VITA program is designed to help your family:
Our IRS certified volunteers make sure you get back every cent you have coming to you.
- Avoid high tax preparation fees
- Access all tax credits for which you're eligible
- Connect you to services and programs that will help you increase you financial stability
Email or call 812-265-2652.
We look forward to serving you.
February 16 to March 31, 2017
By appointment only
Scheduling begins February 13, 2017
Limited appointments available
Board Member Login
It is the policy of the Jefferson County United Way to recruit board members, volunteers and staff who are representative of our community's diversity and whose background and expertise advance our United Way's ability to fulfill its mission.
© 2017 Jefferson County, Indiana United Way. All rights reserved.
Website Developed and Maintained by Wolf Creative Services